Sunday 12 May 2013

Artefact. (With a little help from my fellow BAPPERS...Thank you!)

Last time I blogged about my artefact I was thinking about exactly how I should go about it. My two choices being between a website and a booklet.
I got a really good response on the blogs and the general thinking was that I needed to give more thought to my audience and how I would reach them. So I did some brainstorming and came to these conclusions...

My Audience:
 Teachers, dance practitioners, social care managers/ workers providing activities for Adults with learning difficulties.

I am not yet selling a service, I am currently trying to raise awareness of an issue that I think is important and share the information I have gained.

How I would reach them:
The quickest and furthest reaching medium is the internet, we have all learned that from looking web 2.0 and by forging our relationship here on the BAPP blogs, therefore a website seemed the better choice.

The plan being that links to my site can be added to my facebook, twitter, linkedIn, and blog pages. And eventually if it is possible possibly linked to other sites as well, Dance Magazine, LD online and any other relevent connections I might be able to make.

In addition to this on the site there is a button which gives the option to download a booklet, it is printable PDF version of the site.
This fulfils two needs.
1. Some people prefer to read information form a paper copy they find it easier to digest the information this way... I am one of those people and I know there are others out there!
2. Further distribution. In my work place useful and relevent information and articles are pinned to our memo board or distributed at staff meetings. I assume we wont be the only company that does this and so printable version can fulfil this need. Anyone who reads the site and thinks it might be useful to someone they know or to their organisation can print it out and share.

Possible progression. 
The website also gives me options to update the information in the future, I don't yet feel that I am in a place to offer a paid service using the information I have obtained from inquiry, obviously I currently teach but I am employed and at the moment am not looking to expand on this.
 But in the future I think this could be something I grow into, perhaps providing training to other teachers, or offering my owm dance teaching services and a website gives me a changeable medium to use as my practice grows and develops.

So here it is.....

http://danniweb.wix.com/danceopportunity

Let me know what you think!?? And thank you to those people that helped my brainstorm!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danni,

    This sounds perfect as an artefact, you really have thought about it in terms of 'future' and 'progression' rather than just a side to the project, as I think this was the aim! I ended up putting together a portfolio of all the email conversations and contacts I had gained as an almost progress portfolio to keep track of everything! I can't believe its only one week to go, how are you feeling about the hand in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simone,
      I really hope that it has fulfilled the criteria of the artifact element of the hand in. I actually found thinking of one quite difficult.
      I think your portfolio sounds like a really positive artifact, it shows how far you have come, what you have achieved and will be a great resource for the future! It also sounds like a really original idea which I think is important.
      I am so nervous about the hand in, it’s so final, no going back now, and what grade you get, you get!! This makes me nervous as I feel that we have all invested a lot into this course and want to see good results at the end... I know it’s really important to me!
      How are you feeling? Are you all finished or still making some final tweaks?

      Delete
  2. I only just had chance to have a look at your artefact and it's great! So clean, simple to navigate and all the information was there. I also loved the fact that you can print out a booklet too, as that could be useful for someone wanted to refer to your teaching guidelines.

    Well done! I really think it's very special....

    Steph

    ReplyDelete