Tuesday 7 May 2013

Literature Review

I have noticed that on the blogs people have been putting up their literature reviews. I did some research on literature reviews and although I had done mine separately for each book/ article/ journal initially, I saw that most advice said that they should be covered as a whole, this is to enable us to make connections or highlight differences between the opinions of the pieces in order to support or frame our area of investigation. To compare and contrast the information that is already out there in our field of practice or study.

So this is what I have tried to do in this literature review. This is the long version, there is a smaller more concise one that I have used as part of the critical review. Although I am currently re-drafting that section as I am not happy that it covers enough of the valuable information from the literature.... It so difficult though with the word count. We have done so much work and research for this module you just constantly feel like you are leaving things out!

So as everyone seems to be approaching the literature review as separate pieces I though I would include my thoughts and my review to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees with my approach or has any more information!?

D.Webber - Literature Review



1 comment:

  1. Hi Danni,

    Thanks for sharing this insight. I tend to go the looong way around unfortunately, so I have had to do individual literature reviews, followed by a similar piece to yours, which is currently under construction! I hope you're making good progress with your critical review. I currently feeling as though it is never ending...
    All the best,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete